GracePointe@GracePointe-church.com. Made With Serif WebPlus.
Equipping the Saints to Understand, Live, Proclaim, and Defend the Truth
Here at GracePointe it is our desire to see the name of Jesus Christ proclaimed in all the earth (Mark 16:15, Matt. 28:18-20). As followers of Christ we have the great privilege to live, proclaim, and defend the gospel of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:27, 1 Peter 3:15). Our goal is to walk beside, challenge, and encourage Christ followers to be prepared to share and defend the faith.
It is our unwavering conviction that the gospel message is centered on Jesus Christ and nothing else. Therefore, we unapologetically teach Christ crucified for the forgiveness of sins (1 Corinthians 1:23). There is only one gospel revealed in the Bible and it belongs to God alone. For that reason, we reject any other man made “gospel” which takes the focus off our crucified Savior and the sinfulness of man (Galatians 1:6-12).
Our Approach to Equipping the Saints
The following are four aspects of the gospel and the systematic approach we focus on in order to equip Christ followers to engage the world with truth. Although we look at each aspect of the gospel separately, it is important to understand that all four aspects of the gospel overlap and complement each other. Each aspect is necessary to give a thoughtful, intelligent, truthful, and loving reason for the hope that is within us. Loving our neighbor involves more than serving them; it involves making the time, energy, and effort to be prepared to give real answers with substance.
1. Understanding the Gospel
We equip Christ followers to understand the gospel in the following ways:
1. Studying the character and nature of God.
2. Studying the sinfulness of man.
3. Studying the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
4. Teaching Christ followers to study the Bible in context on their own.
2. Living the Gospel
We equip Christ followers to live the gospel in the following ways:
1. Men’s Bible study and Women’s Bible study.
2. Serving our neighbor through service projects.
3. Building relationships and encouraging one another to live a life worthy of the gospel.
3. Proclaiming the Gospel
We equip Christ followers to proclaim/ share the gospel in the following ways:
1. Studying Biblical methods for evangelism.
2. Sharing your testimony.
3. Learning to use the evange-cube
4. Tract distribution
5. Street evangelism
4. Defending the Gospel
We equip Christ followers to defend the gospel in the following ways:
1. Having a solid understanding of every item listed under aspect number one.
2. Studying Biblical approaches to defending the truth.
3. Discuss other worldviews and current cultural events.